Every important journey involves careful preparation. Texas College requires every new student to participate in its NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION program offered on campus. Our New Student Orientation program gives students vital information which will lead to a cultural understanding of the College and helps to engage and integrate students into the Texas College family.
The New Student Orientation program provides incoming students and their families with an array of Texas College resources, policies and procedures. Key elements of the program include a sequence of staff and faculty led, informative sessions. It is mandatory for students to complete the orientation workshop to be eligible to register for classes.
During the New Student Orientation students will:
* Meet and make connections with fellow classmates.
* Explore new living and learning environments.
* Participate in guided campus tour.
* Complete placement test and receive interpretation of test.
* Get introduced to the academic program through learning communities.
* Develop a personal academic goal.
* Meet with first year advisor.
* Register for classes and receive course schedules.
* Learn about Financial Aid and proper student loan management.
Students are encouraged to RSVP by calling the Office of Admissions at 903.593.8311 ext. 2297 or email email@example.com to register for one of Texas College’s upcoming New Student Orientations scheduled for Friday, July 25, 2014 and Wednesday, August 13, 2014. The August 13th orientation workshop is for all out of state students; therefore, students need to be prepared to stay and begin school when selecting to attend this session.