Texas College Work Study Request
The work-study program is designed to help students meet educational expenses through meaningful employment. The Office of Financial Aid assists students who qualify for work-study, find part-time employment positions on and off campus. Jobs vary throughout the college and range from assisting in various departments to working in the library or tutoring children in the America’s Read program.
- To qualify for work-study a student must:
- Be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident or eligible non-citizen (as determined by the FAFSA application completed each year),
- Non-citizens can apply for state work study funding, along with having a TASFA application on file completed each year,
- Completed 2021-2022 FAFSA on file,
- Demonstrate a financial need as determined by the FAFSA each year,
- Not be on financial aid suspension and,
- Be enrolled in at least half time for each term seeking employment. Students are paid $10 an hour, to not exceed 20 hours a week.
Students may only retain one work-study award position at a time, and may not utilize both work-study awards with ANY student leadership stipends within the same semester.